Cities: VR First Patch!
The first patch for Cities: VR is now live, adding a Controller help menu option and enhancing the tutorial to help new players get a good start as mayors. It also includes a range of other improvements like removing the darkest part of the nights, adding a day/night cycle option to the New Game panel & more.
Get Cities: VR on Quest 2 today: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/4046879905345967
FULL PATCH NOTES
- Improved text and images.
- Added some new steps and moved some existing steps.
- Added vertical movement instructions
- Players could previously fail the tutorial due to lost income. Now the economy doesn't kick in until the late stage of the tutorial.
- Added tooltips to Continue, Minimize and Close buttons.
Saving in game:
- When starting a new game, a save reminder will pop up after 10 minutes, if the game has not been manually saved during that time
- When exiting to the Main Menu a confirmation dialog is displayed, to prevent people from losing their progress.
- Added Day & Night on/off toggle option to New Game panel
- Brightened up the darkest time of night on all maps
- Nights are now brighter in the North biome due to it being a lot darker than the other maps
- Added Controller help to the Pause Menu and Main Menu
-Ray pointer no longer passes through Main Menu panels
- Tunnels did not deform the terrain correctly; they now cut the terrain to show the tunnel underneath
- Corrected and optimized some buildings
- Reduced the distance of the palette switching icons and removed the haptic feedback from the outer distance
- Moved Bulldoze from the Y button to the X button. Added Back to Y (in addition to the existing mapping of B on the right controller).
- Changed the option radio buttons to checkboxes in the New Game menu
- Removed red leak in arrow sprite used on sliders
- Replaced the Info palette switcher icon
- Fix to tears in-between patches of water when the player rotates quickly
- Controllers that run out of batteries or are otherwise disconnected are now turned invisible and not static in front of the player
- Improved map edges
- Added a Minimize button to Discord message
- Added animated FTG logo to the VR intro